Figure 2: Theoretical sediment budget for the Danish Wadden Sea
The Danish Coastal Authority has previously looked into the sediment budget in different parts of the Wadden Sea. This sediment budget was based on two survey campaigns in the years 1966-1970 and the second one in the years 1994-2003.
This surveys lead to four reports:
- "Morfologisk udvikling i Vadehavet – Grådybs Tidevandsområde og Skallingen"
- "Morfologisk udvikling i Vadehavet – Knudedyb Tidevandsområde"
- "Morfologisk udvikling i Vadehavet – Juvre Dybs Tidevandsområde"
- "Morfologisk udvikling i Vadehavet – Lister Dybs Tidevandsområde og Vadehavsfronten"
- The Danish reports can be found on this link: Morfologisk udvikling i vadehavet (In Danish)
The first step to getting a total sediment budget is to collect all parts in figure 1. We already have some parts but other parts are missing.
One of the missing parts in the sediment budget is knowledge about the Wadden Sea Front. An analysis of the Wadden Sea Front is therefore started. Two main issues will be analyzed.
How has the Wadden Sea Front development in the period in which the Coastal Authority has measured?
Is it possible to see the direction and amount of sediment movement?
This project will be running from 2016-2019 (mid).